The Best Laid Plans
- Talk starts (over beer) that “maybe we don’t need to stay here until Ethan finishes high school…”
- If we didn’t stay, where would we go? How about back to Eugene? We love Eugene!
- “Hey Ethan, want to move to Eugene?”
- Well shit, we should sell the house in Seattle now…
- (30 seconds later) Ok, that was easy!
- Hmmm, would really like a fully remote job if we’re moving…
- And we should buy a fixer-upper, because sweat equity!
- (2 minutes later) Wow…this is a great job…That wasn’t so bad!
- (3 minutes later) That’s the ugliest house I’ve ever seen, let’s buy it!
- Greece. Greece was awesome.
- Close on sale, close on purchase, stress about new job, remember that we sold everything we owned to move to Caracas…
That’s where we’re at. We own a hideous house and we’re moving back to the west coast 2 years ahead of schedule. Massive renovations, learning how to be a Project Manager at an agency that seems too good for me, and losing my Chicago winter weight are all in the immediate and somewhat stressful future. And writing…of course, writing.